Location: 4611 West Genesee Street, Syracuse NY 13219
Year Built: 1959
The Fairmount Fire Department was initially housed in a two-bay structure across from the current Fairmount Gardens on West Genesee Street. As Fairmount continued to grow, a new station located at 4611 West Genesee Street was constructed and dedicated on October 25th, 1959 with a modest three-bay configuration. Since then, the station has been expanded on three times, which added an additional back-in bay and four drive-through bays. Today, the station houses a bunkhouse capable of sleeping five, officer and executive offices, a fully equipped gym, meeting room, large commercial kitchen, and firefighter lounge. A separate detached building houses the Bunk-in Program.
The firehouse currently houses Engine 6, Engine 4, Rescue 1, Truck 1, Rescue 2, Squad 3, and Miscellaneous 1.